SWASTHA JANANI SUDHRUD BALAK
Amhi Amchya Arogyasaathi, MAHARASHTRA
$ 19,000 (2011-present)
This project aims to improve maternal and neonatal health care in more than 9 slums of Nagpur.
- Training women health workers, 1 from 3000 people in the community
- Creating awareness among women and their husbands on safe motherhood, Ante Natal Care, Post Natal Care, HIV, family planning etc.
- Creation of health funds by women in the community exclusively for reproductive issues
- Organizing events to promote awareness on women’s’ rights, social development, sexual harassment, exploitation of children
- Campaign to “save the girl child”
- Maternal mortality down by 64.6%
- Still birth down by 31%
- Neonatal mortality rate down by 9.7 %
- Improvement in gender ratio by 8% due to Save the girl child’ campaign