SOLID AND LIQUID WASTE MANAGEMENT
Exnora/India Green Service, TAMIL NADU/KARNATAKA
$ 18,000 (2010 – 2012)
The project aims to provide a path-breaking solution to modern societies’ biggest challenge ‘How to handle the waste we create’.
- Redesigning the flow of resources to ensure that most of the waste generated can be used as raw materials for further production.
- Use of safe and recyclable materials → produce safe and recyclable materials → reduced use of toxic compounds
- Reuse as many times as possible
- Recycle everything that can be recycled
- UNICEF has selected ZWM as a model project and also supports it
- Acclaimed as ‘National Model’ for Zero Waste Management (ZWM)
- Replicable model in Kancheepuram and Dharmapuri Collectorates
- Implemented by Exnora Green Cross (EGC) in the Fish Market, the Vellore Institute of Technology, Malaikodi Temple
- 25000 TONS waste generated per year is reused in Vellore